Retail Cannabis Store Handbook
- A licensee that experiences a problem related to product may make a claim for refund. A claim for a refund must be received by AGLC within 30 days of product delivery. Any claims regarding shipping errors must be reported to AGLC within 48 hours. (Amended May 2020)
- The following types of claims will be considered:
- faulty products;
- recalled products; and
- shipping errors (refer to section 5.6).
- A licensee may call AGLC Customer Service to report a claim (1‐855‐436‐5677). (Amended Jan 2022)
- AGLC will confirm the claim against the invoice and, if valid, process the claim and issue a refund.
- Refund amounts are based on the original wholesale price paid by the licensee to AGLC.
- Refunds for claims under $20 may be deferred for up to 90 days.
- If a product listed is ineligible for refund, AGLC will advise the licensee and explain why. Possible reasons may include:
- product was not purchased directly from AGLC (except for recall);
- product was damaged by licensee staff or customers;
- the claim period has expired; or
- insufficient information provided to approve the claim.
- For additional information on the process for submitting refund claims, refer to the Cannabis Retailer Operational Manual.