Alert icon urgent
Important information for Albertans

AGLC is taking the COVID-19 coronavirus matter seriously. Please visit for the latest updates.

Liquor staff training: SMART programs

Liquor staff training: ProServe

If you sell or serve liquor, or provide security in a licensed premise, you must be certified with ProServe Liquor Staff Training.

Managers, supervisors and security staff in licensed premises must also have ProServe certification.

Security staff training: ProTect

If you provide security or supervise security staff for a licensed premises, you must be certified with ProTect Security Staff Training.

If you need ProTect certification to do your job, you must also have ProServe certification.

VLT staff training: Reel Facts

If you work in a place where there are video lottery terminals (vlts) and you deal with customers you must be certified with Reel Facts VLT Staff Training.


Find out if you need these or other SMART Programs' certifications for the work you do.

SMART Programs brochure