- Cannabis product recalls may be initiated by:
- Health Canada;
- Cannabis suppliers; and
- For all recalls, cannabis suppliers must comply with federal cannabis recall guidelines, federal and provincial legislation and Board policy.
- Cannabis suppliers will be responsible for all commercially reasonable costs associated with cannabis product recalls initiated by Health Canada or cannabis suppliers.
- Cannabis suppliers must, as soon as practicable, notify the AGLC of cannabis product recalls and provide the following information:
- the reason for the product recall;
- product brand name;
- product SKU number(s);
- product lot numbers(s); and
- volume of product sold to AGLC.
- Cannabis suppliers are required to contact AGLC Cannabis Call Centre (see Section 1.3) to arrange for the product to be returned to the AGLC warehouse.
- AGLC will provide instructions to retailers on AGLC initiated recalls.
- For additional information on product registration and labelling, please refer to Sections 3 (Product Registration) and 4 (Packing, Labelling and Shipping) of the Cannabis Licensed Producer Operational Manual (link to be provided upon availability).