- The following individuals must be Qualified Cannabis Workers:
- retail licensees that are responsible for directly managing cannabis retail store(s);
- managers, supervisors and all other employees working in retail cannabis stores (excluding cleaning staff);
- security staff at retail cannabis stores (directly employed or contracted by the licensee); and
- direct supervisors of employees of a company contracted to provide security at retail cannabis stores.
- To become a Qualified Cannabis Worker, applicants must:
- complete and submit the Application for Qualified Cannabis Worker form;
- provide a criminal records check from their local police service, dated within three months of the submission of the Application for Qualified Cannabis Worker form; and
- successfully complete the SellSafe Cannabis Staff Training program (see Section 1.7).
- Licensees must ensure that all staff are Qualified Cannabis Workers prior to working in the licensed premises.
- Qualification is valid for up to 5 years, at which time the worker must complete the procedures specified in 1.6.2a) – c) above to requalify.
- Being charged or convicted of a criminal offence may affect an individual’s ability to qualify as a Qualified Cannabis Worker.
- If at any time Qualified Cannabis Workers are charged with a criminal offence they are required to report the details within 72 hours to AGLC.
- The licensee must supply Qualified Cannabis Workers with a laminated colour photo identification card as follows:
- company name or logo;
- staff member’s first name only - print size must be clearly visible with block style printing only;
- current colour photo of worker – similar in size to a driver’s licence photo;
- Qualified Cannabis Worker number – print size must be clearly visible with block style printing only; and
- Qualified Cannabis Worker expiry date.
- The laminated, colour photo identification card must be worn by all Qualified Cannabis Workers while on duty and be visible at all times.
- Licensees must keep a log of all Qualified Cannabis Worker staff, including the following information:
- AGLC confirmation that the staff member is qualified;
- photo of the staff member; and
- qualification number and expiry date.
Note: The information listed above may be kept in the same log as the SellSafe log noted in Section 1.7.10. This log is subject to review by AGLC.
- AGLC will issue a letter to all successful Qualified Cannabis Worker applicants confirming they are qualified to work in a retail cannabis store.