- A retail cannabis store shall not possess, keep, sell or provide any cannabis product at or from the store which has not been purchased directly from AGLC under the authority of the retail cannabis store licence.
- A licensee must offer a reasonable variety of cannabis products.
- Cannabis adulterated in any manner, purchased or possessed illegally, brought into Alberta illegally or manufactured illegally, is subject to immediate seizure by Inspectors. Licensees involved in such activities are subject to prosecution and to penalties imposed by the Board.
- AGLC may establish a minimum price for cannabis sold in a retail cannabis store. Licensees are not permitted to sell below the minimum price or provide cannabis to customers free of charge. (Amended Nov. 2018)
- Available quantities and related prices must be clearly displayed.
- Purchases cannot exceed 30 grams of cannabis or equivalent to one individual per visit. Equivalencies are outlined as per Schedule 3 of the Canada Cannabis Act:
|Class of Cannabis||Quantity Equivalent to 1 gram of dried cannabis|
|dried cannabis||1 gram|
|fresh cannabis||5 grams|
|non-solids containing cannabis||70 grams|
|cannabis plant seeds||1 seed|
- Receipts must be provided for all cannabis products sold.
- The Health Canada Consumer Information brochure must be provided to each customer for every transaction.
- Cannabis products must be sold in its original sealed packaging as received from AGLC.
- If it is reasonable to believe a sales transaction will place an individual in possession of more than 30 grams of cannabis, the sales transaction must not be completed.
- Retail cannabis stores cannot offer on-line or off-site sales.