Retail Cannabis Store Handbook
- “Product Promotion” means activities within a licensed premises designed to encourage the sale of specific brands of cannabis products or accessories.
- Cannabis representatives and retail cannabis store licensees are permitted to promote cannabis products and accessories in places where persons under the age of 18 are prohibited.
- The following is prohibited in the promotion of cannabis products and accessories:
- use of testimonials or endorsements;
- depiction of a person, character or animal, whether real or fictional; or
- claims of positive or negative impact as a result of usage (i.e. glamorous, vitality, recreation, etc.).
- Product promotions cannot:
- be false, misleading or deceptive; or
- give an erroneous impression about the characteristics of cannabis products (i.e. strength, purity, safety, health effects).
- Product promotions must not encourage the irresponsible use, consumption or sale of cannabis products or accessories.
- It is prohibited to use a brand of cannabis or cannabis accessories, or the name of an entity that is authorized to produce, sell or distribute cannabis in the sponsorship of a person, entity, event, activity or facility.
- Programs or activities that offer or provide any added compensation with the purchase of a cannabis product or accessory are prohibited.
- Programs or activities that offer or provide a cannabis product or accessory or discounts on those items based on the purchase of any other item or thing or service are prohibited.
- The requirement to purchase a cannabis product or accessory for the right to participate in a game, lottery, contest, or any other activity is prohibited.
- Product promotions not specifically addressed in this section requires the prior approval of AGLC.