- Managers, supervisors and all employees of a cannabis representative that are involved in the marketing, promotion and sales of cannabis products must be Qualified Cannabis Workers.
- To become a Qualified Cannabis Worker, applicants must:
- complete and submit the Application for Qualified Cannabis Worker form;
- provide a criminal records check from their local police service, dated within three months of the submission of the Application for Qualified Cannabis Worker form; and
- successfully complete the SellSafe Cannabis Staff Training program (see Section 2.5).
- Cannabis representatives must ensure that all staff representing a cannabis product are Qualified Cannabis Workers prior to acting as a representative.
- Qualification is valid for up to 5 years, at which time the worker must complete the procedures specified in 2.4.2 a) – c) above to requalify.
- Being charged or convicted of a criminal offence may affect an individual’s ability to qualify as a Qualified Cannabis Worker.
- If at any time a Qualified Cannabis Worker is charged with a criminal offence they are required to report the details within 72 hours to AGLC.
- The cannabis representative must supply Qualified Cannabis Workers with a laminated colour photo identification card as follows:
- company name or logo;
- staff member’s first name only - print size must be clearly visible with block style printing only;
- current colour photo of worker – similar in size to a driver’s licence photo;
- Qualified Cannabis Worker number – print size must be clearly visible with block style printing only; and
- Qualified Cannabis Worker expiry date.
- The Qualified Cannabis Worker identification card must be worn and visible at all times when the worker is in a retail cannabis store.
- Cannabis representatives must keep a log of all Qualified Cannabis Worker staff, including the following information:
- AGLC confirmation that the worker is qualified;
- photograph of the worker; and
- qualification number and expiry date.
Note: The information listed above may be kept in the same log as the SellSafe log noted in Section 2.5.8. This log is subject to review by AGLC.
- AGLC will issue a letter to all successful Qualified Cannabis Worker applicants confirming they are qualified to work as a cannabis representative.