July 28, 2022
This bulletin is to advise liquor licensees and registered agencies of amendments to the Liquor Agency Handbook (LAH), Liquor Licensee Handbook (LLH), Liquor Manufacturer Handbook (LMH) and Retail Liquor Store Handbook (RLSH).
Effective immediately, a number of changes to the Advertising and Product Promotion sections of the LAH, LLH, LMH and RLSH have been implemented. These changes include:
- providing licensees with more brand‐related educational experiences to aid in providing customer‐centred experiences and increased knowledge of products and brands;
- eliminating the term “buy/sell agreements” and replacing it with “promotional agreements”;
- amending online promotion restrictions to permit stakeholders to better connect with customers;
- broadening the list of non‐essential items that may be provided to licensed premises;
- allowing for more flexibility with direct support from agencies for live entertainment;
- increasing the ticket price limit as the cost of tickets for some live events has increased beyond the current price maximum;
- increasing the maximum wholesale cost of clothing items worn by staff during promotions to $100; and
- increasing the on‐pack value from 15% to 20%.
The amended policies may be accessed on AGLC’s website.
Please familiarize yourself with this change and ensure affected staff are notified.
If you have any questions, please contact AGLC’s Compliance Branch at email@example.com.