May 20, 2021
This bulletin is to advise all Class E liquor manufacturers a comprehensive review of the Liquor Manufacturer Handbook was recently undertaken in support of government’s red tape reduction initiative and to ease regulatory requirements for liquor manufacturer licensees. As a result of this review, a number of policy amendments were approved. Highlights of the amendments include:
- removing the Estate Manufacturer section (3.2), as estate manufacturers are classified as small manufacturers under the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Regulation (GLCR);
- eliminating duplication with the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act and GLCR in sections 3.1 and 10.3;
- combining various subsections into one subsection in sections 3.1 and 3.3;
- eliminating duplication with the Liquor Agency Handbook (LAH) by removing sections 4.1 and 4.5;
- eliminating duplication with the Liquor Warehouse Handbook (LWH) by removing section 5.5;
- updating self‐distribution section (5.4);
- updating product returns section (5.7);
- rewording the Collaboration & Contract Manufacturing section (6.2); and
- eliminating duplication with the Liquor Licensee Handbook by removing sections 7.3, 7.5 ‐ 7.9, 7.12 ‐ 7.15.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact AGLC’s Liquor Services Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.