June 20, 2021
This bulletin is to advise all registered liquor agencies that a comprehensive review of the Liquor Agency Handbook was recently undertaken in support of government’s red tape reduction initiative and to ease regulatory requirements for liquor agencies. As a result of this review, a number of policy amendments were approved. Highlights of the amendments include:
- eliminating duplication with the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act and Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Regulation in 2.1, 2.5 and 3.22;
- eliminating references to federal legislation in 3.1, 3.12, 3.15 and 3.22;
- eliminating warehouse specific requirements, not AGLC requirements in 3.2, 3.5, 3.17, 3.22 and 3.24;
- updating the Private Labels, Transfer of Agency Representation and Product Returns and Recalls sections (3.12, 3.18 and 3.24 respectively); and
- eliminating duplication of advertising policies listed in the Licensee Handbook in 4.2, Retail Liquor Store Handbook in 4.3 and Special Event Licence Policies and Guidelines in 4.4.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact AGLC’s Liquor Services Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.