- Retail cannabis licensees must purchase all cannabis products from AGLC.
- All cannabis products must be registered with AGLC before they are offered for sale by AGLC to licensees.
- If a cannabis supplier uses a third party as its registered representative, the supplier will be required to submit a letter of authorization designating the appointed third party as the representative of the supplier’s products (Form RS/CAN 8007).
- Each cannabis supplier must not be represented by more than one (1) cannabis representative (entity).
- If a supplier and the cannabis representative the supplier has designated to represent its products in Alberta become involved in a dispute regarding representation of cannabis products AGLC will not become involved in resolving the dispute. AGLC will rely upon direction agreed to by the parties involved or by court order.
- As per the Cannabis Act (Canada), the Cannabis Regulations (Canada), the purchasing contract between AGLC and the cannabis supplier and Section 4 of the Cannabis Licensed Producer Operational Manual, all product labelling and packaging requirements must be met.
- For additional information on product registration and labelling, please refer to Sections 3 (Product Registration) and 4 (Packing, Labelling and Shipping) of the Cannabis Licensed Producer Operational Manual (link to be provided upon availability).