Hundreds of Albertans benefit from GameSense program
Today marks the second anniversary of GameSense, a program that provides Albertans with an opportunity to learn how to gamble responsibly.
“The GameSense program encourages patrons to consider gambling as a form of entertainment. Albertans learn how games of chance work, and are provided with tools and resources to make informed decisions when participating in gambling activities.”
Vice President, Corporate Responsibility & Reputation
Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission
Did you know?
- 29% of Albertans are aware of GameSense
- GameSense Advisors are available in all 28 casinos across Alberta
- Less than 2% of Albertans are at risk for problem gambling
- 80% of Albertans participate in some form of gaming
- 61% of Albertans gamble to have fun
- 51% gamble for entertainment
- 24% gamble to socialize
- 19% gamble to make money
The Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission encourages Albertans to learn more about how gambling works, the odds and randomness of gambling, the differences between skill and chance-based games and more.
Engage your GameSense today!