Policy Amendments – CTCOG Red Tape Review Phase III
June 22, 2021
This bulletin is to advise all casino facility licensees and registered gaming workers of IMPORTANT AMENDMENTS to the Casino Terms & Conditions and Operating Guidelines (CTCOG). The following CTCOG policies are effective June 22, 2021.
- In keeping with the Government of Alberta red tape reduction initiatives, these amended policies include changes that provide industry stakeholders with increased flexibility and efficiency in running their operations. This review involved significant reductions to regulatory red tape, including amendments to more than 60 subsections in the CTCOG:
- Section 1 has been amended to update and reorganize content in various sections to remove regulatory requirements that are appropriately covered elsewhere (e.g.,Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act, Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Regulation, forms, AGLC program materials) or are otherwise redundant;
- Section 6 has been amended to streamline the casino gaming worker registration process, improving operational efficiencies for casino facility licensees;
- Sections 7 and 8 have been reorganized to streamline the requirements regarding the conduct of various table game transactions (e.g., the CasinoTrack system and casino event transactions) and operational requirements of the count room; and
- Section 9 has been amended as follows:;
- Sections 9.1 – 9.4 have been restructured to streamline gaming floor operational requirements in a more logical and succinct format to improve operational efficiencies; and
- Section 9.14 regarding gratuities (tips/tokens) has been reorganized to reflect AGLC operational and regulatory requirements.
Please familiarize yourself with the amended policies, update your CTCOG as required, and ensure all affected staff are notified of the new requirement(s).
The amended CTCOG may be accessed on AGLC’s website at aglc.ca. Additional information regarding AGLC’s commitment to a modern regulatory environment that supports consumer choice, innovation and economic growth can be found on AGLC’s website at aglc.ca/modernization.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact AGLC’s Regulatory Services Division or call AGLC Hotline at 1‐800‐561‐4415.