December 14, 2020
This bulletin is to advise all retail liquor stores of recent policy amendments to the Retail Liquor Store Handbook (RLSH) regarding liquor tastings.
Effective immediately, retail liquor stores may offer off‐premises “virtual” liquor tastings providing:
- liquor tasting sizes do not exceed maximum size limits set out in section 7.5.2 of the RLSH.
- liquor is in a sealed, tamper‐proof/tamper‐evident container.
- the liquor tasting is not packaged in a manner that resembles a retail liquor product.
- information from the liquor product label for each tasting is provided to the consumer in a manner that clearly identifies:
- the percentage of alcohol, volume and brand of liquor; and
- the ingredients/contents of each tasting provided.
- delivery of the tasting, if applicable, is subject to the Delivery Service policy (Section 4.11.1 of the RLSH).
In addition, the maximum tasting size for spirits and liqueurs has been increased to 28 ml (1 ounce) from the previous maximum of 14 ml (½ ounce).
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact AGLC’s Compliance Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org.