April 1, 2020
This bulletin is to advise liquor licensees of IMPORTANT AMENDMENTS to the Tastings policy.
Effective April 6, 2020, all licensees that conduct their own liquor tastings, independent of a liquor agency, may charge customers a fee that is no longer;restricted to cost recovery. In addition, licensees will no longer be required to keep records of the tastings they conduct on their own.
The amended policies may be located in the following handbooks:
- Section 7.5 of the Retail Liquor Store Handbook;
- Section 8.5 of the Liquor Licensee Handbook;
- Section 7.5 of the General Merchandise Liquor Store Handbook;
- Section 5.5 of the Liquor Agency Handbook; and
- Section 9.5 of the Liquor Manufacturer Handbook.
The handbooks may be accessed on AGLC’s website at aglc.ca.
Please familiarize yourself with the amended policies and ensure affected staff are notified of this change.
If you have any questions, please contact AGLC’s Compliance Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org.