Racing Entertainment Centre Bulletin
October 25, 2022
This bulletin is to advise all racing entertainment centre facility licensees and registered gaming workers of IMPORTANT AMENDMENTS to the registration process for registered gaming workers. The following amendments are effective November 1, 2022.
- The registration term for registered gaming workers is being amended from a two to a five-year period, except registrations for the following:
- key registered gaming worker positions requiring a background check by AGLC’s Due Diligence Unit. A list of specific key registered gaming worker positions can be found on AGLC’s website at https://aglc.ca/gaming/gaming-registrations/become-registered-gaming-worker; and
- individuals applying under a Work/Study Permit.
- Registration expiry dates will no longer align to the month and day of the applicant’s birthday but to the day the application is processed.
- There are no changes to the certification periods for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) (two years) and SMART Training (five years). Certifications must be kept current.
Additional information regarding AGLC’s commitment to a modern regulatory environment that supports consumer choice, innovation and economic growth can be found on AGLC’s website at aglc.ca/modernization.
Please familiarize yourself with these changes and ensure all affected staff are notified of the new requirements.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact AGLC’s Registrations Unit at 780-447-8600 or toll free at 1-800-272-8876 or by email at email@example.com