December 14, 2020
This bulletin is to advise liquor licensees that a comprehensive review of the Licensee Handbook (LH) was recently undertaken. As a result of this review, a number of policy amendments were approved. Highlights of the amendments include:
- rearranging and simplifying the ProServe and ProTect sections (1.6 and 1.7);
- removing or easing requirements related to kitchen equipment, washrooms, bar and furnishing requirements for Class A licensees (3.1 and 3.2);
- combining and simplifying the requirements for the various types of Class B licences (3.3.1 – 3.3.6);
- eliminating the minimum number of hotel rooms for a Class D General Off Sales licence (3.6.1);
- removing the requirement for a hotel to have a Class A licence in order to qualify for a Class D General Off Sales licence (3.6.2);
- streamlining the Supervision of Patrons and Illegal Drugs sections (5.6 and 5.9);
- reducing requirements in the Nude Entertainment section (5.11);
- deleting the Occupant Load and Refunds for Delivery Problems sections (5.13 and 6.7);
- deleting duplication with the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act (GLCA) from Section 6, Liquor Purchases and Returns and merging various policies within the same section;
- deleting duplication with the Retail Liquor Store Handbook in Sections 3.6, 7.3, 7.7, 8.2, 8.3, 8.5, 8.7 and 8.8;
- deleting duplication with the Liquor Agency Handbook from Sections 7.5, 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9; and
- deleting duplication with the Manufacturer Handbook in Section 5.5.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact AGLC’s Compliance Branch at email@example.com.