Casino Operational Policy/Product and Project Review (COPPR) Amendments Bulletin
March 27, 2020
This bulletin is to advise all casino facility licensees and registered gaming workers of IMPORTANT AMENDMENTS to the Casino Terms & Conditions and Operating Guidelines (CTCOG).
The following CTCOG policies are effective April 6, 2020.
- In keeping with Government of Alberta red tape reduction initiatives, these amended policies include changes that provide industry stakeholders with increased flexibility and efficiency in running their operations:
- Subsection 1.19 has been amended to remove the requirement to be approved as a gaming service provider in order to assist a facility licensee with promoting events such as poker tournaments.
- Subsection 4.14 has been amended to streamline processes and operations respecting access to restricted areas in a licensed facility.
- Section 10 has been amended to remove redundant policies, allow facility licensees to establish house rules for multi‐square play (as applicable) and increase betting limits (as applicable) for various table games.
- The Summary of Policy Amendments provides a detailed overview for these and other changes that will help remove redundant policy and reduce red tape for casino facility licensees.
Please familiarize yourself with the amended policies, update your CTCOG as required, and ensure all affected staff are notified of the new requirements.
The amended CTCOG may be accessed on AGLC’s website at aglc.ca.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact AGLC’s Regulatory Services Division or call the AGLC Hotline at 1‐800‐561‐4415.