October 20, 2020
This bulletin is to advise all liquor agencies and manufacturers of a new section to the Liquor Agency Handbook (LAH) regarding liquor samples.
Effective immediately, agencies and manufacturers may provide free liquor samples to adult consumers under the following conditions:
- the liquor samples provided are purchased by the agency through AGLC;
- samples are distributed by the agency, or its representative to the individual in person or through a Class D Delivery Service licensee;
- the person distributing the sample has ProServe certification;
- samples are marked “not for resale and “offsite consumption only”
- samples provided cannot exceed:
- one 355 bottle or can of beer, cider or refreshment beverage;
- one 200 ml bottle of wine; and
- one 50ml bottle of spirits.
- samples are limited to one per consumer per day; and
- a written record of sampling activities is kept by the agency.
The new policy may be accessed on AGLC’s website at aglc.ca.