This bulletin is to advise small beer manufacturers of amendments to the Liquor Manufacturer Handbook (LMH) regarding the use of
Policy has been amended to clarify small beer manufacturers may use, upon the approval of the warehouse operator, any AGLC authorized warehouse in Alberta to store and distribute their beer products.
Small beer manufacturers will be able to deliver their products:
- directly to another licensee (self‐distribution);
- to the central AGLC authorized warehouse (Connect Logistics Services); or
- upon approval of the warehouse, any other AGLC authorized warehouse.
The amended policies are located under Sections 1.2 and 5.6 of the LMH and may be accessed on AGLC’s website at aglc.ca.
A listing of authorized warehouses may be found on AGLC’s website at the following link: aglc.ca/liquor/warehouse‐and‐distribution.
Small beer manufacturers should ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities when considering warehouse options, such as product registration and providing notice. Refer to the following resources for further information:
- Liquor Agency Handbook Section 3.1; and
- Liquor Warehouse Handbook Section 1.4.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact AGLC‘s Liquor Services Division at email@example.com or call 780‐447‐8600.