The Board of AGLC has up to nine independent members, including a Chairperson. They are responsible to the Minister of Finance and President of Treasury Board of the Government of Alberta.
Board members have term appointments of up to three years in length (and a maximum of nine years).
The current Board member bios are available on the Board members page.
- governs AGLC under the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act,
- oversees AGLC's strategic direction,
- monitors financial results, and the performance of the President and Chief Executive Officer,
- makes decisions about gaming and liquor licences and registrations,
- conducts hearings related to alleged violations of the Gaming and Liquor Act, Gaming and Liquor Regulation, or AGLC policies.